The adaptive re-use of this existing 41,000 square foot office building into the City of Albany’s main library was completed for a modest $80 per square foot.
The exterior design unifies the original building and two additions through a color concept integrating the town’s history as an agricultural center. A new illuminated entry canopy draws in library visitors while in the interior, a double height central lobby and stair, provide a mix of places for patrons to socialize, read, access computers, and interact with Library staff.
Oregon Chapter IIDA, Best of Civic and Institutional Buildings, 2012
- our firm
- eastern oregon university - zabel hall
- willamette university - ford hall
- pcc - newberg center
- psu - business accelerator wet lab
- george fox university - villa academic complex
- lewis & clark law school - judicial bench
- lewis & clark - olin center
- lewis & clark - biology research labs
- natural college of natural medicine
- campus living
- urban design/transit