Creating eleven new classrooms as an annex to the growing International School campus in Downtown Portland, this project renovated a former industrial building into creative learning spaces for the pre K-5 language immersion private school.
Three existing rooftop light monitors were utilized to bring natural light into the center of the building. Translucent transom panels allow natural light to flood the classrooms. Existing timber posts and beams were left exposed and elements of the existing building were incorporated into the new work, such as large sliding doors which provide flexibility for combining classroom spaces.
- our firm
- campus living
- oregon rail heritage center
- tualatin valley water district
- city of portland - firestation 28
- willamette national cemetary pavillion
- port of portland - vic atiyeh concourse
- port of portland - FLIP infrastructure
- oregon courts assessment
- bureau of water works master plan
- labor & industries building
- fire station one competition
- urban design/transit