An existing dropped ceiling was removed to expose the wood bow trusses to create a warm welcoming atmosphere. Wood ceiling joists from the original building were salvaged and reused for wood paneling. "Bar height" seating along the new storefront encourage an active library while sliding glass doors in the community room offer flexibility and increased library space.
The library required approval from Portland’s Historic Design Review due to its location in the Kenton Commercial Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Restoration of the building’s Art Deco signage mast helps to inform of the building's past.
- our firm
- eastern oregon university - zabel hall
- willamette university - ford hall
- pcc - newberg center
- psu - business accelerator wet lab
- george fox university - villa academic complex
- lewis & clark law school - judicial bench
- lewis & clark - olin center
- lewis & clark - biology research labs
- natural college of natural medicine
- campus living
- urban design/transit