Mountain Hut Competition
Ridgeback Lodge is a design effort aimed at mitigating long-term human impact on delicate remote climes. Its inspiration comes from the junctures of earth and sky, natural and manmade, local and remote.
The Lodge can grow or diminish to accommodate guests by the folding and unfolding sleeping units. At the summit of Ridgeback Lodge is the headhouse, the main social space of the building, focused on the celebration of communal eating.
Direct solar gain, geothermal heating, and photovoltaic electric generation are combined with the low-impact, active technology of a hydrogen-producing fuel cell. Fresh water is also gathered, stored and recycled throughout the system, keeping potable water usage low.
- our firm
- eastern oregon university - zabel hall
- willamette university - ford hall
- pcc - newberg center
- psu - business accelerator wet lab
- george fox university - villa academic complex
- lewis & clark law school - judicial bench
- lewis & clark - olin center
- lewis & clark - biology research labs
- natural college of natural medicine
- campus living
- urban design/transit