The Spalding Building
A primary design goal for the Spalding Building rehabilitation was to retain the historic integrity of the building while incorporating contemporary materials and systems. The Spalding Building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is a locally designated Historic Landmark by the City of Portland.
We performed a building assessment, renovation master plan, and recently completed the first phase of renovations, which included building-wide improvements such as a new entry lobby and canopy, elevator improvements, renovated offices and corridors, and a new bicycle commuter facility. The mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system will be upgraded in future phases with the goal of achieving LEED OM/EB Gold Certification.
- our firm
- eastern oregon university - zabel hall
- willamette university - ford hall
- pcc - newberg center
- psu - business accelerator wet lab
- george fox university - villa academic complex
- lewis & clark law school - judicial bench
- lewis & clark - olin center
- lewis & clark - biology research labs
- natural college of natural medicine
- campus living
- urban design/transit