Lewis & Clark College – Manor House

Built in 1925, the Frank Manor House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and now houses the main administrative functions of Lewis & Clark College. Hennebery Eddy has provided ongoing architectural design services for a series of projects, including a roof and window assessment, installation of a new elevator, a fire sprinkler system throughout the building’s ground floor, interior and exterior lighting, and ADA upgrades.  Extensive research, thoughtful analysis, and detailed pre-construction coordination was undertaken to integrate these new interventions with a minimum impact to the building’s historic integrity.

“Lewis & Clark has a deserved reputation for respecting and maintaining the Frank estate and its structures. This project is a remarkable demonstration of the intelligence, imagination, and care that are dedicated to that ongoing project.”

— Jane Atkinson,
Vice President and Provost, Lewis & Clark College